English Diminutive Singular (DimSing)

Begonnen von Kilian, 2012-11-13, 00:26:57

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Kilian

Since we haven't got wiki pages for urgently-needed extensions to the English language (Nenglish?) yet, let's first collect some ideas here. For example, it just occurred to me what an article in a volume of scientific or scholarly conference proceedings ought to be called: a proceeding, of course.

What this is all about (in German): DimSing

Berthold

Zitat von: Kilian in 2012-11-13, 00:26:57
Since we haven't got wiki pages for urgently-needed extensions to the English language (Nenglish?) yet, let's first collect some ideas here. For example, it just occurred to me what an article in a volume of scientific or scholarly conference proceedings ought to be called: a proceeding, of course.

What this is all about (in German): DimSing

Yes, dear Kilian, 'f course you are right in a strict sense. But a proceeding is eh existing. Maybe conference proceedings could be conceedings, oder even confeedings - ?

Wortklauber

A single element in a series is a sery (ˈsɪəri).
A single member of a people is a poople (ˈpʊpəl). (Vocal change analogous to foot – feet)

Berthold

Zitat von: Wortklauber in 2012-11-13, 17:27:17
A single element in a series is a sery (ˈsɪəri).
A single member of a people is a poople (ˈpʊpəl). (Vocal change analogous to foot – feet)

More than a lukewarm applause for you!
Veries good smallries of singlings, dear wordpicker!
To eject it in feasible Gernglish: Ahead of no giving up you're wimping out or breaking together. You continue e'en in cases I flee myself to pure mockery.